As the ebook reader wars flame up, competition spells delight for us who have or want one.
Case in point?
If it weren’t for the Sony Reader and the NOOK Reader hot on the tail of the Kindle, Amazon would probably not rush off to add better features. But since they are the biggest competitors, the Kindle is constantly being refined and improved.
The next hot added features include apps for both the Blackberry and Mac. So essentially if you have a Blackberry cell or a Mac laptop or pc, then you will be able to view, read and purchase Kindle books on it. This just makes reading ever more portable and accessible.
Check out some of the neat Kindle Blackberry app and Kindle Mac app features:
- Access your Kindle books even if you don’t have your Kindle with you
- Automatically synchronizes your last page read and annotations between devices with Whispersync
- Create bookmarks and view the annotations you created on your Kindle, computer, or other Kindle-compatible mobile device
- Search and browse more than 390,000 books, including 101 of 112 New York Times Best Sellers.
- Find New York Times Best Sellers and new releases for $9.99, unless marked otherwise
- Get free book samples – read the first chapter for free before you decide to buy
- Books you purchase can also be read on a Kindle, computer, or other Kindle-compatible mobile device