Skiff and Sprint has partnered to create the biggest reader yet at 11.5-inch display and will be previewed at the Consumer Electronic Show later this week. Skiff Service will deliver newspapers, magazines, and books to the e-reader. Skiff reader will be the first e-reader optimized for newspaper and magazine content.
Here are some compelling features:
- 3G wireless through Sprint’s network
- 11.5-inch display (2 inches bigger than Amazon’s Kindle) and only .25-inch in thickness
- full screen touch using latest e-Paper technology from LG Display
- enhanced durable using stainless-steel foil e-display (instead of fragile glass of most e-screens) to prevent breakage
- 1200 x 1600 pixels resolution
- weight just 1lb and last a week on a charge
See how these specs compare on our eReaders Comparison.
The Skiff e-reader will be available later this year at 1,000 Sprint retail locations. Right now, everyone is speculating on the price of this sleek e-reader. Is this the biggest e-reader display or is this just the beginning of a size trend?