Though the Apple iPad doesn’t ship to customers until April 3, the market is already flooded with Apple iPad accessories – carrying cases, docks, covers: you name it, there’s an accessory that does it! It seems that everyone wants to get in on the iPad craze, with manufacturers everywhere coming out with their own new and funky iPad accessories.
Official Apple iPad Accessories
Those who have been scouring the official Apple website looking for more details on the iPad will know that a number of official accessories have already been announced. These include:
- The iPad Keyboard Dock: This is a combined charging dock that includes a full sized keyboard to make using your iPad easier. It includes keys that relate specifically to iPad features, and has ports for accessories, speakers and USB power adapters.
- The iPad Case: Not just a case that can protect your iPad – this official case also doubles as a stand if you want to watch videos or type a little more comfortably.
- The iPad Camera Connection Kit: This kit makes it as easy as possible to import photos and videos from your camera.
- iPad Dock: This charging dock also supports the connection of other accessories.
On top of this Apple are also offering a wireless keyboard, power adapter, Apple in-ear headphones, and AV cable – all of which can be pre-ordered alongside the main iPad.
Unofficial Apple iPad Accessories
Though the official accessories look great, they are the typical minimal Apple design. For those who want to personalise their device a little more, there are plenty of weird and wonderful carrying cases, skins and headphones being released all the time. Some of the highlights include:
- Hiphandmaid’s iMaxi: This plays on jokes about the iPad’s name – “the only Apple iPad case made with protective wings” ($30.00)
- Hard Candy: They are offering iPad sleeves, hard shells and skins ($39.95 – $49.95)
- M-Edge Destination Bag: This is one of the most sophisticated bags for the iPad yet released, in so many colours there’s bound to be one to suit you (price: TBA)
Apple iPad accessories are set to multiply over coming months – especially after the April 3 release. Watch this space for more weird, wonderful and colourful accessories coming your way. In the meantime, check out our top 10 iPad covers list for great ideas to safeguard your cool device!